Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wednesday, July 13 - School Day

By: Nick Mason

Tage 16, WEDNESDAY 13.JULY.2011

Today was another great day in Germany. For me, it started out like any other school day. I awoke at 5.45, showered, did my hair, packed my backpack. Breakfast for me consisted of the usual: Brötchen mit Käse und Milch mit Kakao. YUM! I am addicted to breakfast here, it’s so good! Sadly, I forgot my camera at home today, so I have no photos from the day, sadly.

I then finished getting ready and we were off to the bus stop. We got on the bus which is usually quiet. We got to school and went to our homeroom (for American GAPPies only.) The conversation was very interesting…

Anyway, after our homeroom our Germans came and got us and we went to class. Our first class of the day was art. After art we had English. This class was more interesting as we watched a movie, in English, about these guys who were falsely accused of bombing this pipe thing while they were in a park. After English we had History. We watched another movie.

When school was finished, Manuel, Amber and I went to this small pizza/pasta place on the corner by the school. Amber and I had Spaghetti Napoli. It was so delicious and satisfying!

After this we went back to the school and waited for some other GAPPies. When we all met up after the next period we all walked to the train station for our train to Münster.

We arrived to Münster and walked to the shopping area. We first went to the large mall-like building. There were many floors. I first went to the Saturn and bought a Europe to USA adapter for my new German appliances. We loafed around for a while in the Saturn store.

Then we all met up with other GAPPies, and browsed some shops. I bought two little metal shopping trollies. They are so cute!

We all then made our way to the Cineplex. We arrived to the Cineplex and purchased our tickets for the new and last Harry Potter movie, in 3D. We bought our concessions and made our way into the theatre. Before the movie starts, many previews show. The final commercial is always an ice cream commercial. Then, the curtain closes over the screen and an employee comes in with the ice cream so you can buy it. Nobody ever buys it…

They then leave and the curtain opens and the movie begins. The movie was in English! The German version comes out tomorrow and in America on Friday.

The movie was wonderful. It was very sad though. It was very enjoyable.

We all then used the restrooms and made our way to the Hauptbahnhof. We caught a train back to Greven. We all then went home.

In today’s end, it was nice to recollect the events and fun times of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment